What to do when the maketing plans fail?

Discussion in 'Marketing' started by Shine_Spirit, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Member

After you plan a great marketing strategy and believe that it will really work, but after putting the plan into action and realizing that the results didn't turn out as expected... What do you do?

Unfortunately, many people become discouraged and give up, but the correct - if indeed it is the will of the owner - is to start over and believe again because the success is made up of - sometimes a lot - failures. :)

2. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Member

My marketing strategy in the olden days worked well with the aid of email. As a promotional tool, we did some creative ads that didn't seem like an ad at all. Our office website more than achieved the target hits of 4,000 per day. But the website of an affiliate group did not prosper and eventually closed down. For me, a failed marketing plan can always be revised and enhanced after a thorough study of why it failed.

amitkokiladitya likes this.
  3. missionreport

missionreport New Member

Personally I can't see how email marketing can fail when properly used. Maybe you haven't done a good job segmenting your leads and your customers, or maybe your emails aren't personalized or doesn't add value to your contacts lives. When you keep sending something that's not relevant to the user then you're probably sending spam. That's why segmentation is important to know what to send and to whom. If you're properly profiled your customers and leads, get to know them some more through explicit data, then I'm sure it's easier to customize your content to tailor fit their needs. One more thing to take note of is that people will always know your intentions. If you want to make as much money out of them, they'll know. But if you want to help them succeed, they'll know that too.

4. Mike30

Mike30 New Member

Just start another plan. It can't get simpler than that. I know it is frustrating, but with frustration you don't get anything. Just take a sit, rethink and keep moving.

5. amitkokiladitya

amitkokiladitya Member

Thanks for the advice. A failed marketing plan can always be revised but it adds a extra financial burden for sure.

6. Canadian

Canadian Member

What to do when a marketing plan fails? That is simple, start a new one. Do some research, rethink things and find a new plan that you think would work better than the old one.

7. Jason

Jason Member

When money is involved, it's often difficult to recover from failure. What might be a useful strategy?

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017