What do you use for designing a website?

Discussion in 'Design' started by Dan, May 29, 2017.

1. Dan

Dan New Member

The industry standard nowadays seems to be Photoshop, but do you use anything else to design websites? Personally I've tried a couple of things like Photoshop, Gimp and Affinity.

I guess it depends on taste but there seems to be lots of options out there.

2. xxDriftingAway

xxDriftingAway Member

Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and Notepad ++.

3. zeedollar

zeedollar New Member

If am doing a custom design, i stick with Dreamweaver as it a more sophisticated tool for website design. I also use different CMS platform in designing my website like WordPress, Joomla, Wix and shopify. They help save a lot of time when you want to get your website out as fast as possible.

4. Hermes Santos

Hermes Santos New Member

I use Wordpress ready themes, so I practically do not need to use any tools for code. When I need to make punctual adjustments I do within the platform itself or use Notepad ++.
    For the images I usually create drawings in the flat design model in Corel Draw and sometimes I use Photoshop to resize images and make them lighter.
    In the past, when I created my sites from scratch, I used Dreamweaver.

5. Canadian

Canadian Member

I've tried designing websites before but I am horrible with it :D It's not my natural talent so I have hired a graphics designer to make a website for me.

6. ron13315

ron13315 New Member

I use photoshop and notepad ++

7. Glandus

Glandus New Member

I use Notepad++ for coding, it has everything I need and when it's run along with WAMP server, it works pretty well. For designing or editing images, I still use Photoshop CS3. I actually think it's still better than it's newer versions.

I did try GIMP once, but it just lacks in features, however for a free alternative, you can hardly go wrong with what it does have.