What do you think about web hosting companies using wordpress for their main site?

Discussion in 'Design' started by Rare Candy, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Rare Candy

Rare Candy Member

I came across a web hosting company using Wordpress for their main website to list what they have to offer. At the time, I was kind of discouraged from buying hosting from them mainly because they didn't build their site from scratch. It seemed like they just wanted to set up Wordpress, slap on a theme and call it Harry.

What do you guys think about web hosts using Wordpress for their main site? Does it affect your decision on buying hosting from them?

Jason likes this.
  2. Jason

Jason Member

WordPress isn't a big deal because it has a lot of quality hosting themes for it. However, using a non-hosting WP theme could be a small challenge. Nonetheless, it's possible.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  3. Vaador

Vaador New Member

I have personally owned a hosting company and to be fair Wordpress is not the way to go if your looking to get potential clients.

Your theme should be unique and stand out from the crowd also not to have a Wordpress copyright at the bottom of your hosting company lol.

4. Rare Candy

Rare Candy Member

1. You can make a unique Wordpress theme.
    2. You can remove the copyright notice if you host it yourself or buy branding removal if hosted at Wordpress.com.

It's just that it doesn't seem like the person is serious about keeping the web hosting company in the long-run since they're not even willing to dish out the cash or time to develop their own website. Wordpress is just a one-click install if you use cPanel.

Not to mention the amount of exploits that are available for the script. One mistake and hackers can gain all of your customers' data.