Online vs Offline marketing

Discussion in 'Marketing' started by JJohansson, Jul 22, 2017.

1. JJohansson

JJohansson New Member

NowaDays which type of marketing is potential for small business ?

2. MrDangem

MrDangem New Member

Base on my marketing insights, if your product/service is new to the market you might need to do more offline than online.
    Customers will love to see more demo and actual visualization to the new product/services. If your product/services is already existing
    and familiar to the market then online is good specially if you already have networks and connections etc. :)

3. TheV

TheV New Member

I personally love the whole social network marketing (I'm fairly new to it but still learning). I always take this example from my city. There is a cafe in my city that started as a very small and not-really-known business. They started an Instagram account and in one year, they got national recognition (also, they serve pretty unique and delicious waffles). It amazes me how they got to be so big with only an Instagram account and word-to-word marketing

4. MrDangem

MrDangem New Member

Wow what a nice strategy, I believed that their products is very delicious to be able to obtain such remarkable growth. I think they hired a food photographer expert to make their products more enticing in the eyes.

5. Canadian

Canadian Member

I would say do both. You want to have as many options possible to help grow your small business. Most people spend their time online and they can come across your page and check it out. Offline marketing you can deliver flyers, put up posters, etc.

6. Corzhens

Corzhens New Member

To me, the smallest business is dropshipping. It is an online brokering that all you need to do is get customers for your supplier and earn a commission for the sale. You practically have no capital and the only effort is to advertise your items in social media just like an online store. So many of my friends in Facebook are doing that. And they earn because there are a lot of prospective customers.

7. Jason

Jason Member

It's often very difficult to get customers.

8. Barida

Barida New Member

Offline marketing has been effective for small business if one does it well. An example is the mouth-to-mouth type of marketing in which you tell people about your products and how it can help in solving their need and problem. However, online marketing that cost little or nothing such as social media marketing can be used by small businesses to put the products in the web arena so as to reach more audience about what they produce or the type of services they render.

Both ways, if done well, is meant to bring better results!

9. fredoman

fredoman New Member

Nowadays It's online marketing. Remember that people are shifting to e-commerce now and we should utilize our skills in marketing online. People to tend spend more time browsing the net or being online rather than going to the mall to shop for their favorite dress because it bring a lot of time traveling from one place to another.

10. uyj

uyj New Member

It depends, one thing if you sell your product on internet or in online your compitetor is the world, and when sell your product offline you have less competitors.

It all about the experienced and you need experienced to compet to the world, it's all about experienced take your time inch by inch step by step.

11. Heatman

Heatman New Member

I would say that everything is dependent on the nature of the business that you intended in offering to those that are likely to patronize your products.

Personally, I'm more comfortable using online marketing because of the infinite number of prospective customers/patronizers as long they find ones products and services worth investing on.

12. luri

luri New Member

In my opinion, whether you own a small business or have a large business, online marketing is the best marketing channel. Whether you business has an online business or offline business, you will find your costumers in the virtual world. Furthermore, online marketing is also cheap compared to offline marketing. If you want to advertise on TV, you need to pay a lot of money. However, on facebook of Google you can advertise for a small amount.

13. Vaador

Vaador New Member

You would be absolutely surprised on how effective offline marketing can be. I used to own a small business and thought of some free ways how to get traffic to my business and these was like on the tube I would write a click bait sort of message linking to my business website on the news paper on about 5 to 10 different free news paper.

Other than that online marketing would be the best approach now a days such as google ad words and social media.

14. JJohansson

JJohansson New Member

Ok, Got It, Thanks for replying the valuable information.....