Does Social networks really do help?

Discussion in 'Marketing' started by Canadian, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Canadian

Canadian Member

Have you had success using social networks to drive traffic to your website and potentially customers or is using social networks a waste of time and should focus just on google SEO?

2. Corzhens

Corzhens New Member

When I was co writing a blog, social media was our primary way of promoting the blogsite. I don't remember the figures anymore but it is substantial and we were sure that the traffic was due to the promotion in Facebook. Even now, Facebook is more potent considering the number of active users in my friend list.

3. nnacrter

nnacrter New Member

Yes It's very useful in our daily lives. It helps us to communicate to others within seconds.

4. sweetpot81

sweetpot81 New Member

Ofcourse! Depending on your purpose or usage of social media. For me, I use it for learning new things that I can apply when I go back home for good. As an OFW, it's a big help and very relevant in our daily life bridging the information all over the world and knowing the latest that we could acquire.

5. Rare Candy

Rare Candy Member

Social networks have paying customers. Of course it's going to be effective if you advertise correctly.

6. htb24

htb24 New Member

I think social networks do help. There are many features on facebook for example that allow you to purchase more audience reach. I am not so sure about other social network sites but I do know twitter is very popular for marketing too.

7. Claraviolet

Claraviolet New Member

Honestly, I don't think so. Many forums or websites got their own popular pages. Still, they barely get enough members from social networking sites. People like following or liking content in the social media sites but that's about it.
    They don't really join the website or forum. So, I don't think social media would help any forum in getting new members or in gaining popularity.
    Sometimes, I really hate social networking sites for the very same reason.

8. hostingnew

hostingnew New Member

Social network is good depending upon how you use or what you share. But if Facebook pages, aren't popular now a days because people don't care to visit your website, they just like your page and see your post on facebook itself.