Do you code your sites from scratch?

Discussion in 'Design' started by xxDriftingAway, May 26, 2017.

1. xxDriftingAway

xxDriftingAway Member

Have you ever coded any sites from scratch?

I am starting to a code a website from scratch and it is very difficult. Do you guys find it easy to code from scratch? How do you choose colors? How do you make your images?

2. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Member

Yes, several times. :D

However, it is never a very easy task to do. It takes a lot of patience for the work to stay the way it has to be. For me, having to spend many hours working on it doesn't bother me because I always do my job with great pleasure. :)

3. xxDriftingAway

xxDriftingAway Member

You aren't kidding. It does take a lot of patience and work but it is definitely worth it @Shine_Spirit :)

That is awesome that you like doing it though! :)

4. Rare Candy

Rare Candy Member

I prefer to install a script and make a design for it or use a pre-made design if I don't have the time to make it myself.

I can code a website on my own, but I find it a lot better and faster to just install a script such as Wordpress that includes a lot of stuff out of the box when compared to the time of including everything yourself when making a website from scratch.

5. Hermes Santos

Hermes Santos New Member

I've coded my sites from scratch in the past. However, currently I prefer to buy ready-made themes because I have a great time savings.
    The great advantage of coding a website from scratch is that you can easily maintain codes when you need them, because you will know how each thing works. However, if you are in a hurry to rely on a website ready, for sure the best option is to find a ready theme and purchase it.